Monday, January 23, 2012

Expecting pink or blue?


 I’m twenty weeks now! I’ve {finally} reached that half way mark. Um, yay!

Which also means we get to find out the gender of our newest family member. Tomorrow. Excited, you ask? Absolutely.

In preparation I decided to take a little poll to see what ya’ll thought . . . blue or pink?

A couple details to help you make your decision:
+before I even knew i was pregnant my face broke out. mainly just my chin. zits, everywhere.
+i’m not certain if the heart beat is fast or not. a detail that i usually pay extra attention too {because my mom always asks}. this time i’ve just been overcome with excitement to hear a heartbeat, any heartbeat.
+i’ve experience morning sickness with all of my pregnancies, but this time around has been the absolute worst.
+i threw up every.single.day from week five to week sixteen {sometimes 2 to 4 times in a day}
+and although the throwing up has all but gone away I still get fairly nauseas during the evening hours.
+i overproduce saliva, it makes me gag.
+i can’t eat junk food. chocolate, sugar, juice, even chewing gum, makes me nauseas.
+i can’t do minty flavors. brushing my teeth is a huge challenge.
+water tastes like straight minerals. and I went through a period where I could only drink water during the nighttime hours when i woke to use the bathroom.
+chinese food, café’ rio, taco soup, and cinnamon rolls are all on the list of food that i may quite possibly never consume again.
+i haven’t had any major cravings this time around. although banana peppers, oranges {any fruit, really}, pickles and salad always taste good.
+the chinese calendar predicts that it’s a boy.
+i get nauseas if i’m hungry. snacking helps me make it through the day.
+i’m still in my regular clothes and i’m not really showing yet.
+if you didn’t know I was expecting you would probably just assume that i’ve gained weight. at a rapid rate.
+and i have gained weight. nine pounds so far.
+my baby bump is wide, not sticking out all cute but spreading from side to side?
+the baby is very active. mostly at nights. and movements are quick and clustered together.
+brynlee wants a girl, jace wants a boy. naturally.
+spence and i both agree on what we think the sex is and will be floored if we are wrong. {mainly because, we are never wrong!}

So which way you leaning!?
Boy or girl?

what's the gender of our baby

11 comments:

Jaelynn said...

I said girl, but mainly because I really want Chloe to have a girl to run around with. But, I'm sure she can hold her own with the boys, so that would be great too.. :) You better believe you'll be texting me or something tomorrow!

Erin said...

I don't care what you have (though for the record I voted boy!) I am just SO stinkin' excited for you guys and happy to hear that some of the nausea is going away a bit! I can't even imagine being sick for 16 weeks! That would be AWFUL! Can't wait to hear the news tomorrow! Good luck!!

Miranda said...

Easy. One of each. :)

P.S. I have my chocolate cake ingredients at the ready.

Kerry said...

I said girl!!

Jami said...

I am going with Jace. I am excited to find out though!

Jenni said...

I think girl but only because I was much more sick with Amelia than I was with Alex. But I usually think it's the opposite of what people are having so you very well could have a boy. Either way, it's a baby!

TraciFree said...

Cafe Rio on the never again list? Noooooooooo Oh the Humanity!!!!

Kaleena Moulton said...

Kim I love the poll idea. I hope you don't mind if I copy you. I'm guessing a boy! So exciting :)

Kimberlee said...

Jaelynn- So far we'e had them in same sex clusters so odds are on our side. Or maybe our family has ran out of the cousin good luck and chloes going to be stuck with a stinky boy cousin. Could go either way, I guess.

Traci- I know! Anything but cafe rio.

Kaleena- Don't mind a bit.

Kimberlee said...

Also, our appointment got canceled today. Rude, right? So your guess is still as good as ours.

Debbie said...

can't wait to read your news!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...